When summer rolls around, and the kids are suddenly home all day, I find that we spend a lot more time out of the house! This means we either eat out, or have to prep our food in advance. With all the day trips, road trips, camping trips…it’s good to have some healthy recipes that we can make ahead of time and easily prep and eat when we’re traveling.
These 21 Day Fix camping recipes are all great to prep ahead of time. I’ve collected some breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner and even dessert recipes (just because you’re not home means you have to eat junk, right?!). And while I was inspired to pull these camping-specific recipes together after a conversation in our 21 Day Fix group, I think you’ll find that they will work for any busy day – traveling or not!
21 Day Fix Camping Recipes
Breakfast – these make-ahead 21 Day Fix breakfast recipes can be prepped and kept cold until you’re ready to eat.
- Instant Pot Coconut Overnight Oats (serves 7, so this is a good one to make and package in individual servings before you leave)
- Mason Jar Egg Casseroles
- Breakfast Banana Splits
- Overnight Blueberry Oats
- Fig Breakfast Bowl
- Baked Oatmeal Cups (make a big batch of these and they’ll be great for breakfast or snacking)
- Make-Ahead Southern Breakfast Casserole
- Breakfast Toast (bring a bunch of ingredients and either grill your toast – YUM – or just use whole wheat bread and make these into healthy breakfast sandwiches)
- Make-Ahead Sausage and Egg Casserole
- Artichoke Hearts and Tomatoes Egg Cups
Lunch – these lunches are all great served cold.
- Summer Pasta Salad
- Cheesy Taco Pasta (another great one to make ahead of time!)
- Honey Pulled Pork (make a batch of this shredded pork and eat it on a bun, or a wrap, for days)
- Turkey Taco Skillet (make it while you’re camping, or prep ahead and bring with you)
- Crack Chicken (everyone’s FAVORITE!)
- Fully Loaded Autumn Sandwich
- No-Mayo Mediterranean Tuna Salad
- Waldorf Chicken Salad Pitas
- Red Bell Pepper Tuna Wraps
Snacks – these healthy snacks are grab-and-go!
- Cherry Banana Muffins (swap out the cherries for blueberries if you prefer!)
- Coconut Peanut Butter Bananas
- Peanut Butter Apple “Nachos”
- Cloud Bread
- Easy Homemade Salsa (and make your own tortilla chips, too)
- Copycat Panera Hummus + Veggies
- Copycat Starbucks Egg Bites (also great for breakfast)
- Sausage and Pineapple Bites
- Banana Bread
- Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Pumpkin Cookies
Dinner – these 21 Day fix-friendly dinner recipes can all be heated up or cooked over the fire.
- Steak and veggie fajitas (prep the meat and veggies ahead, and cook on a skillet when you’re ready to eat – you can even heat up the tortillas this way, too)
- Mediterranean Chicken & Rice Bowls (I’ve had people tell me this tastes even better the next day, which is a great reason to prep this one ahead)
- Broccoli & Chicken Pasta
- Stuffed Sweet Potatoes (yep – you can even make all the ingredients for these ahead of time)
- Shredded Mexican Chicken (so many ways to use this…including as a topping for those sweet potatoes)
- Turkey Burgers
- Here’s an entire collection of “fixed” burgers
- Turkey Chili
- Spicy Sweet Potato Chili
- Garlic Parmesan Turkey Meatballs (these are a FAVORITE of ours…they make fantastic leftovers)
- Chicken Burrito Bowls (prep the ingredients and toss together for dinner)
- Pork Carnitas
- Beanless Beef Chili
- Roasted Vegetable Chicken Chili
Dessert – these yummy desserts will satisfy your sweet tooth but keep your eating on track!
- Watermelon, blueberry and feta salad (also a great side dish)
- Raspberry Filled Chocolates
- Healthy Banana Splits
- Secret Ingredient (no beans!) Brownies
- Pumpkin Oat Cookies
- Cocoa Banana Oat Bars
- Peanut Butter Cup Chocolate Cake
- Cookie Hummus
JOIN MY NEWSLETTER
Sign up here for my weekly newsletter and get a FREE printable Home Binder with over 40 beautiful pages of planning help delivered immediately to your inbox! :)
I love, love, love the idea of being able to make these recipes ahead. It helps so much to be able to set aside a time and make several meals for days ahead. Thank you for sharing these wonderful ideas on Organized31.
Thank you for sharing.
[…] Camping? Here’s a collection of healthy recipes that are perfect for camping! […]