It’s been awhile since I’ve talked about the 21 Day Fix on here. I know y’all love 21 Day Fix recipes and posts, though, so today I’ve got something fun for you with this 21 Day Fix pasta recipe with broccoli & chicken sausage created for me by Beachbody coach Emily over at EmilyJGoodman.com. I’ve also updated it with Weight Watchers points, for all three WW plans!
This recipe is perfect for dinner, makes great leftovers, and is awesome for lunch the next day, too!
Here’s what you need to make it:
Serves: 4 (serving size = 1.5 cups)
- 1 small head of broccoli
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 9oz package of pasta (I used RP’s Gluten Free Fusilli)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 package of sweet Italian chicken sausages, sliced into rounds
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup of fresh parsley, chopped
- Himalayan pink salt (or sea salt) to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
Pasta with Broccoli & Chicken Sausage
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 c broccoli chopped
- 9 oz whole wheat pasta
- 1 onion diced
- 4 sweet Italian chicken sausage links
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 c grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 c parsley fresh, chopped
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Chop the broccoli into florets and steam for 3-5 minutes until vibrant green but not mushy. Remove from the pot and set aside.
- Fill the same pot of water and bring to a boil. Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile dice the onion, mince the garlic, and slice the chicken sausage into small rounds.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over a medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes until translucent.
- Add the chicken sausage and cook for 6 minutes, stirring halfway through to flit the sausage so it browns on each side.
- Add the garlic and the steamed broccoli to the pan. Cook for 1 minute until the garlic becomes fragrant.
- Add the cooked pasta.
- Top with grated Parmesan cheese and fresh chopped parsley. Season with salt and pepper according to your taste.
CLICK HERE to see more 21 Day Fix recipes from Emily’s site.
Follow me on Facebook for 21 Day Fix recipes, WW recipes, and lots of free printables!
You can check out my 21 Day Fix trackers here (made in Texas!).