It’s been awhile since I’ve talked about the 21 Day Fix on here. I know y’all love 21 Day Fix recipes and posts, though, so today I’ve got something fun for you with this 21 Day Fix pasta recipe created for me by Beachbody coach Emily over at EmilyJGoodman.com.
This recipe is perfect for dinner, makes great leftovers, and is awesome for lunch the next day, too!
This post contains affiliate links.
Here’s what you need to make it:
- 1 small head of broccoli
- 1 9oz package of fresh pasta (I used RP’s Gluten Free Fusilli)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 package of sweet Italian chicken sausages, sliced into rounds
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup of fresh parsley, chopped
- Himalayan pink salt (or sea salt) to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Chop the broccoli into florets and steam for 3-5 minutes until vibrant green but not mushy. Remove from the pot and set aside.
- Fill the same pot of water and bring to a boil. Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile dice the onion, mince the garlic, and slice the chicken sausage into small rounds.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over a medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes until translucent.
- Add the chicken sausage and cook for 6 minutes, stirring halfway through to flit the sausage so it browns on each side.
- Add the garlic and the steamed broccoli to the pan. Cook for 1 minute until the garlic becomes fragrant.
- Add the cooked pasta.
- Top with grated Parmesan cheese and fresh chopped parsley. Season with salt and pepper according to your taste.
Serving size: 1.5 cups
Notes: 21 Day Fix – Here are the 21 Day Fix container equivalents for a 1.5 cup serving: 1 red, 1 green, 2 yellow, 1 blue, 1 spoon
Follow me on Facebook for 21 Day Fix recipes and tips and lots of free printables!
Emily has lots of other great 21 Day Fix recipes on her site, too…totally worth checking out if you’re looking for some new recipes to add to the mix.
You can also find lots of great 21 Day Fix Chicken Recipes here.
Follow me on Facebook for more great 21 Day Fix ideas, plus lots of fun (free!) printables, too!
Looking for support, accountability and great resources for the 21 Day Fix? Join our 21 Day Fix Recipes, Tips and Support Facebook group – myself and three other 21 Day Fix bloggers are the adminds, and we’d love to have you!
You can check out my 21 Day Fix trackers here.