Does anyone else love brunching as much as I do??? Because I realllly love brunch… Recently, some friends and I decided that once a month we will take turns hosting (OMG, I also realllly love hosting) this wonderful meal that allows for champagne in the morning. It’s a fun way to get us all together and share our homes and recipes. Last month, my friend Emily made some amazing little egg cups packed with not-so Fix-friendly ingredients, so I found these 21 Day Fix egg cups w/ artichokes, spinach, and sun-dried tomatoes for my turn next month. They are healthy, tasty, and easy to make (you can make them the night before… #hostessdreams)
Now, don’t get me wrong – I am a sucker for bacon, sausage, and copious amounts of cheese in the morning; however, I am no longer 25 and can eat whatever I want and somehow mange to get skinnier. Nope, those days are long gone. So while I will happily stuff myself with all of the above while at my dear friend Emily’s house, my brunch is going to be full-on 21 Day Fix (okay, okay, there will be bacon, and I’m not counting the champagne that day 😉 ) And these fancified egg cups are guaranteed to surprise everyone.
21 Day Fix Egg Cups
Serves: 6 (2 muffins per serving)
- 2 slices whole wheat bread, cut into small cubes
- 2 artichokes, chopped
- 6 tablespoons sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup torn spinach leaves
- 3/4 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 8 eggs
- 3/4 cup almond milk
Preheat oven to 350
Spray muffin tin with olive oil spray
Cover the bottom of each muffin well with cubes of bread
Layer the artichoke hearts, sun dried tomatoes, spinach, and cheese.
Combine eggs and almond milk and whisk well, pour mixture into the muffin wells until about 2/3 full
Bake 20 minutes
Chicken Sausage and Gouda Egg Bites
- 1 c gouda shredded
- 1 c cherry tomatoes chopped
- 3 chicken sausage links chopped
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 c unsweetened almond milk
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray muffin tin with olive oil spray.
- Prepare chicken sausage per instructions (just toss in the microwave for a few seconds) and then cut into small pieces.
- Spread the chicken sausage, tomatoes, and gouda evenly amongt the cups.
- Combine eggs, almond milk, and salt and pepper and whisk well. Pour mixture into the muffin cups until about 2/3 full.
- Bake 18-20 minutes.
- Serve immediately. If you're prepping these for the week, let them cool before saving in an air-tight container. You can also freeze these!
- .83 red (I would call this 3/4 red)
- .16 green (I'd call it 1/4, or just leave it out entirely)
- .66 blue (I'd call this one 3/4)