A few weeks ago we discovered that my kids will, indeed, eat turkey burgers. This was kind of a revelation because they don’t seem to like turkey in other form (except Thanksgiving turkey, for some reason). This discovery was a Big Deal because it means we can add one more meal to the rotation and everyone will eat without whining, yay!
This week, Chellie from Art From My Table is sharing these amazing 21 Day Fix Asian Turkey Burgers with slaw, and I am super excited to add them to our meal plan for next week. I think you’ll love them, too!
21 Day Fix Asian Turkey Burgers
This recipe calls for slaw and whole wheat buns. Feel free to leave either off to make the container counts work for you – see the counts at the bottom of the post! 🙂
How to make them:
21 Day Fix container counts: 1 burger with slaw and buns would be 1 red, 1/2 green, 1 yellow (depending on your buns! make sure 1 bun = 1 yellow), 2 tsp
- 1 pkg cole slaw
- 1 small package shredded red cabbage
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 small carrot, finely shredded
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 garlic clove, minced or pressed
- 2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- whole wheat burger buns
- Place mayonnaise, vinegar, honey, onion powder and salt in a medium sized bowl and whisk to combine. Add the cole slaw and red cabbage to the bowl and toss to coat, set aside.
- Combine ground turkey, carrot, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper, mixing with your hands until well blended. Form patties. Heat the grill to 400-500 degrees. Place burgers on the grill and close the lid. Cook for 18-20 minutes turning once.
- Serve burgers topped with slaw.
Be sure to join me on Facebook for more 21 Day Fix recipes, free printables, and budgeting and planning help.
I also think you’ll love the posts below – just click on the pictures to go to the posts. Happy Eating! 🙂