There are so many things to love about this recipe. These 21 Day Fix Chicken Burrito Bowls, which were created by my friend Chellie over at Art From My Table, are super healthy and full of whole foods. Also, they’re kid-friendly. Because of the nature of this recipe, you can add what you want to your burrito bowl and leave out the things you don’t want…perfect for picky eaters!
Also, because this recipe is deconstructed, it’s really easy to figure out your container counts if you’re on the 21 Day Fix. You can measure out your portions as you put your bowl together (see below for container counts following Chellie’s recipe, though!).
21 Day Fix Chicken Burrito Bowls
Here are the ingredients you’ll need to make them (feel free to tweak as you see fit…this is super customizable!):
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tsp chile powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 3 cups diced orange bell pepper (or, do one of each – green, orange, red)
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup green onions
- 1/2 cup cheese
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- Greek Yogurt for topping
- Cilantro for garnish
- Slice chicken breasts in half length wise to give you four thin breasts, this will cook much easier. Combine chile powder, garlic powder and cumin together. Rub on the chicken breasts.
- Heat oil in pan over medium high heat. Cook chicken breasts about 4-5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces, set aside.
- Warm black beans on the stove top.
- Divide the rice, beans, chicken and remaining ingredients into 4 bowls. Top with plain Greek yogurt, cheese and cilantro.
Looking for more? Be sure to head over to Chellie’s blog for more whole foods recipes.
Join us on Facebook for 21 Day Fix recipes, free printables, and meal planning and budgeting inspiration!