There are so many things to love about this recipe. These 21 Day Fix and WW Chicken Burrito Bowls, which were created by my friend Chellie over at Art From My Table, are super healthy and full of whole foods. Also, they’re kid-friendly. Because of the nature of this recipe, you can add what you want to your burrito bowl and leave out the things you don’t want…perfect for picky eaters!
Also, because this recipe is deconstructed, it’s really easy to figure out your container counts if you’re on the 21 Day Fix. You can measure out your portions as you put your bowl together (see below for container counts following Chellie’s recipe, though!). Same for Weight Watchers…you can add or remove items depending on your daily points allowance!
21 Day Fix Chicken Burrito Bowls
Here are the ingredients you’ll need to make them (feel free to tweak as you see fit…this is super customizable!):
Chicken Burrito Bowls
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 c black beans
- 3 c diced orange bell pepper or, do one of each – green, orange, red
- 1 c diced tomato
- 1/2 c frozen corn thawed
- 1/2 c green onions
- 1/2 c cheese
- 1 c cooked brown rice
- Greek yogurt or sour cream
- Slice chicken breasts in half length wise to give you four thin breasts, this will cook much easier. Combine chili powder, garlic powder and cumin together. Rub on the chicken breasts.
- Heat oil in pan over medium high heat. Cook chicken breasts about 4-5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces, set aside.
- Warm black beans on the stove top.
- Divide the rice, beans, chicken and remaining ingredients into 4 bowls. Top with plain Greek yogurt, cheese and cilantro.
Looking for more? Be sure to head over to Chellie’s blog for more whole foods recipes.
Join us on Facebook for 21 Day Fix recipes, free printables, and meal planning and budgeting inspiration!