Welcome back, journalers! I am so glad you’re here. Journaling is a practice in my own life that has helped my find clarity, peace, and growth. I hope to share that with you here in a way that makes it simple, sustainable, and enjoyable. These February journal prompts and journaling printables were made with love (and a little help from the universe!), and will guide you through the month and help you start or grow your own journaling practice.
February is a great time of year for journaling. The madness of the new year celebration is behind us, but we’ve also still got an entire year before us! Journaling can help you no matter what aspect of your life you’re trying to improve.
You can find previous month’s prompts here (you can do any of these prompts at any time…some prompts have a seasonal feel to them, but they will translate well to any month):
February Journal Prompts
I have provided 28 prompts – one for each day of the month (if you catch these on a Leap Year, sorry! Day 29 can be the prompt of your choice). You can go through the list in order, mix it all up, or skip the prompts entirely that don’t interest you. You may find that one prompt really resonates with you and want to journal on that for several days, or even for the entire month. Remember that journaling is very personal and that there is no “formula” for doing it right. Most of my own journaling involves just writing out my thoughts and feelings based on things I was feeling, something I experienced, or something that I needed to work out in my head and heart.
How to Use These February Journal Prompts
There is no right or wrong way to journal. You may find yourself journaling for pages and pages on one prompt, and only writing down a word or a short sentence for another. That’s totally okay! This is your journal, and your journey.
Some of these prompts have a spiritual feel. That’s because for me, journaling is a spiritual practice. However, if that word doesn’t resonate with you just replace anything of that nature with “highest self” – that is really what we are all working towards here.
I do recommend incorporating a gratitude practice into your journaling practice. All you need to do is write down one thing you’re grateful for each day (although you can certainly write down as many as feels right – here’s a lot more help if you are new to gratitude journaling!).
How to Use These February Affirmations
I have included a printable page of affirmations for you, as well as a place in the printable journaling packet that encourages you to write your own affirmations. You can write them down (I always recommend this) and/or say them out loud. Saying them out loud is very powerful! You can also use these as a mantra if you meditate, or just as reminders to yourself throughout the day. You can read this post about how to use affirmations for more help – I really believe in affirmations and think they have a place in your journaling practice, too! 🙂
Here are your February Affirmations:
- I am.
- I am surrounded by love.
- I am strong.
- I am supported and loved.
What Type of Journal to Use
Again – no rules here! Use whatever journal you like the best. I have included journaling printables here. You may want to use these (as you’ll see, I have one for “long form” journaling and one for shorter entries). I’ll be releasing new ones every month, so you may want to use these and keep them together in a binder or folder. Or you can use any notebook you have around the house. Some people like to keep a digital journal (hmmm…like a BLOG!), or just keep a file on their laptop. I type a lot faster than I write, but I always use a pen and paper to journal with. It just feels more cleansing to me.
You don’t need anything fancy or expensive to get started though. Truly, all you need is a place to write. <3
I have written out all 28 of the prompts below. You can download the February Journal Prompts, along with the Journaling Printables, at the bottom of this post.
You can download the Journal Prompts here. 🙂
Journal Prompts for February
- How’s it going?
- What’s something you’re excited to do this month? Why are you excited?
- How did January go?
- Does February bring up any emotions for you that you need to work through?
- How can you love more this month?
- How have you loved yourself lately?
- What would you like to be more consistent with?
- Write down three things you are grateful for. As you write these things down, imagine gratitude flowing from you to these things.
- What does your body want from you? Is it exercise, more water, more sleep?
- What did you dream about last night? If you don’t remember, what is a recent dream that you do remember?
- What do you think of when you hear your favorite song?
- Think about the most stressful part of your day. How can you make that experience more enjoyable, or relieve some of the stress surrounding it?
- What happened today?
- How can you put more love into the world today?
- Compare this January to last January. What has changed? What has stayed the same?
- Think about an issue that is important to you. Now think about your opinion on the issue. Now imagine this…what if you’re wrong?
- How can you bring yourself back to the present when you need to?
- What are you really loving to eat this month?
- What’s an excuse you like to make? How can you stop making that excuse?
- How can you better serve your community?
- How can you better serve yourself?
- What can you do to clean up your social media feeds?
- Ask your Highest Self for a positive message. What is the first thing it says to you?
- How have you connected with nature lately?
- Just write. Don’t judge what comes out. Just let it flow.
- Do you meditate? How do you feel when you meditate? if you haven’t tried it before, what is stopping you?
- What went well today?
- How did February feel?
You can download the Journal Prompts here. 🙂
You can also download by clicking on the black and white download button below. Have trouble? Shoot me an email and I will send you the files.
JOIN MY NEWSLETTER
Sign up here for my weekly newsletter and get a FREE printable Home Binder with over 40 beautiful pages of planning help delivered immediately to your inbox! :)