One of the treats I most associate with fall (aside from pumpkin everything, candy corn, apple cider, and sweet potato casserole) is the caramel apple. Messy, sweet, and basically a health food (I mean, most of it is made from an apple, right? And what did Benjamin Franklin say about apples? See? TOTALLY HEALTHY), caramel apples are kind of amazing. But a random hankering for a caramel apple last week got me realizing that there is more than one way to eat a caramel apple (thanks, Pinterest!).
I thought I’d share some of the cleverest of the clever ways to eat caramel apples, because remember…it’s healthy. This is practically a post about how to lose weight! 😉
For your apple-consuming pleasure, I present 13 Creative Caramel Apple Ideas.
1. First of all, you need to know how to *make* caramel apples. I love this post from Your Homebased Mom about How to Make Caramel Apples. She makes it look so easy!
2. Check out these tasty-looking Caramel Apple Nachos from Lil’ Luna!
3. And because we’re being HEALTHY, be sure to check out this Snickers Caramel Apple Salad from The Country Cook (it’s a salad, you guys!).
4. These Mini Caramel Apples from At Home In Love are cute and look like fun treats for baby showers, parties, and kids (I love the look of these!).
5. These Apple Pie Caramel Apples are gorgeous…and, apple pie-y.
6. I love the way Dukes and Duchesses has created Caramel Apple Placecards and is using caramel apples as placeholders for guests.
7. If you don’t want to deal with the mess of a caramel apple, how about turning it into a Caramel Apple Cheesecake?
8. The Nerd’s Wife has some awesome Printable Gift Tags for your caramel apples (what a cute fall hostess gift, right?).
9. If peanut butter is your thang, these Peanut Butter Caramel Apples are a sure bet (just go take a look at them – O. M. G.).
10. These Inside Out Caramel Apples from Better Half Weddings look easy-to-eat.
11. Chocolate Caramel Apples from She Wears Many Hats. Because, chocolate.
12. This M&M Apple Caramel Cheeseball from Will Cook for Smiles looks, umm, FAN-TASTIC.
13. After all that apple making, you’ll want to chill out with a nice drink (or maybe that’s just me?). This Caramel Apple Martini from Inspired by Charm is calling my name (Carrie…Carrie...you see? I hear it).
If you need sticks for your caramel apples, these ones get great reviews.
How do you like *your* caramel apples?
PS – I apologize for the gratuitous use of the words “caramel apples” in this post. I really could not find a way around it. Sorry! Caramel Apples!
Join us on Facebook for more fun ideas, easy recipes, and tons of free printables!
And take a look at decadent treat recipes: