It’s that time of year when my Crock Pot is getting lots of use (ok, my Crock Pot gets lots of use all year round). This recipe is simple and classic, and you’re going to want to add it to your rotation! Not only is it super tasty and a great way to get a healthy dinner on the table while you go about your business (thank you, slow cookers everywhere), but this Crock Pot Chicken and Vegetable Soup is also ideal for the 21 Day Fix and Weight Watchers.
Easy Slow Cooker Chicken & Veggie Recipe
This recipe is basically dinner in a bowl. You have your proteins, you have your veggies, and you have your carbs. I love dinners like that. Some other “dinner in a bowl” recipes you might like would be this Chicken Burrito Bowl and this Instant Pot Mediterranean Chicken and Rice bowl. I also love this Easy Chicken and Black Bean Burrito Skillet dinner – it’s another way to get those veggies and protein in, all at once.
This particular recipe is a classic. The finished product is a hearty soup loaded with carrots, celery, onion, potatoes, and carrots. You could also toss in any other veggies you need to use. I would try bell peppers, green beans, or corn, yum!
This soup is seasoned with thyme, rosemary, salt, pepper, and bay leaves. You could toss in a little bit of any seasoning that calls to you, though.
Vegetable Chicken Soup Side Dish Ideas
This recipe can be a meal on its own. However, you could also add sides to this soup to round it out a bit more. Don’t forget to add the points or container counts if you do!
Some examples of good side dishes would be a green salad, whole wheat rolls, or these whole wheat drop biscuits (yum!).
I like 21 Day Fix recipes that use up the red and green containers. And I like WW recipes that are low in point. This Crock Pot Chicken and Vegetable soup checks off all the boxes!
Crock Pot Chicken and Veggie Stew | 21 Day Fix | Weight Watchers
- Slow Cooker
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 celery stalks chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 large carrots chopped into chunks
- 16 oz tri-color potatoes halved or quartered
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 4 c chicken stock
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley finely chopped
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is browned on all sides, approximately 6-8 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to the slow cooker and add the chopped celery, onion, carrots, and potatoes. Top with the bay leaves, dried herbs, and chicken stock. Season with additional salt and black pepper, as desired, and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours. Remove lid and stir to combine. Remove and discard bay leaves. Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired, and serve immediately topped with some fresh chopped parsley. Enjoy!