Washi tape is one of those things I can’t stop buying. Like scrapbook paper. And buttons. And books. And pens. And stickers. Kind of like all of those things.
Unlike books, or stickers, or pens, though…washi can be a little trickier to store. I want it out where I can see it so I know what I have on hand. But I don’t want loose rolls of washi all over the house, because A) I’ll never find them when I need them, and B) Claire will hide them in her room.
I finally figured out a solution that will hold my washi, but for washi hoarders, it might not be robust enough to hold an entire collection. I’ve put together a bunch of clever washi tape storage ideas below (and if you have a solution that you love, I’d love to hear it!).
- I made this crafting and planning station to store pens, washi tape, stickers and more. It works great for my current collection!
- I adore this pretty DIY washi tape holder (you’ll love how it’s framed!)
- Check out this DIY Washi Dispenser (and solve the problem of hard-to-unroll tape!)
- Upcycle an aluminum foil box into this cute dispenser.
- You don’t need to have crazy DIY skills for this…a simple storage box solution (this will probably be my next move).
- This washi wheel is gorgeous and looks so pretty when it’s full!
- Check out this fantastic idea, using a spool rack!
- I didn’t even know a pants-holder was a thing (sorry – not domestic!), but apparently they can hold pants *or* make fantastic washi tape (and ribbon) storage devices.
- The little rotating storage solution in this post is super cute.
- A mug tree for washi! How clever is this?
- Maybe my favorite and most-used washi accessory: my Creative Options storage unit. I love this thing!
Find me on Facebook for easy recipes, free printables, super simple kid-friendly crafts, and things to do in Dallas. I’d love to have you join me over there!