One of my earlier memories with my Aunt Jill involves going to the grocery store in Portland, Oregon, to buy carrots for her horse, Kermit. So it’s fitting that the very Aunt Jill who took me carrot shopping so many years ago is providing us with this amazing 21 Day Fix Thai Carrot Soup recipe today. This recipe also includes WW points and Instant Pot instructions!
My mom actually came over and made this one day, and we made some tweaks to keep it 21 Day Fix-friendly. There also some modifications you can make if you like it hot (I don’t, so we kept it mellow for me…but kicked the heat up for Charles!).
This thai carrot soup freezes well, makes great leftovers, and goes well with a protein or a salad. Enjoy!
21 Day Fix Thai Carrot Soup
If you like it spicy, you can add some sriracha (either while you’re cooking it, or, like we did, as a garnish).
What I love about this recipe is that you get a full green in!
Serves 4 (each serving is about 1 1/4 cups)
- 1 lb carrots, peeled and chopped
- 4 cups low-sodium, fat-free chicken broth
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 3 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon avocado or extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter (if you have enough teaspoons, increase it to 1/4 cup – and if you’re not following the 21 Day Fix eating plan, by all means, take it up to 1/3 cup)
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon curry
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- salt/pepper to taste
- Optional, for garnish: peanuts, parsley or cilantro, sriracha
In a large skillet, sautee onions, garlic and carrots with the oil until onions are translucent. Transfer to a large saucepan and add broth, peanut butter and spices.
Cook until carrots are tender.
Blend soup until smooth.
Garnish with peanuts, parsley and sriracha (if you want some kick – I left it off of mine!).
Thai Carrot Curry Soup
- 1 lb carrots peeled and chopped
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 c onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic finely diced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsb peanut butter can increase peanut butter if you'd like!
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp curry
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- salt/pepper to taste
- Optional for garnish: peanuts, parsley or cilantro, sriracha
- In a large skillet, sautee onions, garlic and carrots with the oil until onions are translucent. Transfer to a large saucepan and add broth, peanut butter and spices.
- Cook until carrots are tender.
- Blend soup until smooth.
- Garnish with peanuts, parsley and sriracha (if you want some kick - I left it off of mine!).
Instant Pot Instructions
- Turn Instant pot on to saute’. Add oil and let it heat. Add carrots, onion and garlic. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Saute’ until onions start to be translucent. Turn off Instant pot.
- Add remaining broth, peanut butter, and spices. Cover the pot and lock lid in place. Make sure it is in the ‘sealed’ position. Set manual pressure for 7 minutes. When done, do a quick release of the pressure by carefully turning the knob to vent and allow steam to escape.
- Use an immersion blender to blend soup. Alternately, you can let it cool for a few minutes and then blend batches in your blended until it's all been blended.
- Garnish with peanuts, parsley and sriracha if you'd like.