As I was looking through a slew of amazing recipes this week, I was having trouble deciding which ones needed some serious love on the web. I looked and looked, and finally decided to call it a night, plop myself on the couch in front of a fan, and watch TV. And then I had my vision for the wonderful 21 Day Fix Apple Recipes I present you with today. It was a lovely vision that had me singing “Apples and salads and oats…OH MY!” Okay, not really, but I was inspired by a classic.
One of my absolute FAVORITE movies as a kid was The Wizard of OZ. I can still recite every single word and will randomly catch myself singing “If I only had a brain” all too frequently (apparently this resonates with me on busy days.) Luckily for me, the husband was home and got see the spectacle that is me watching the musical as if I was a 7-year-old again, and he patiently watched while I sang every, single song. Off-key. Very, very off-key.
As I sang my way through my childhood, I relived the two scenes that absolutely terrified me: the angry apple trees and the flying monkeys. Those trees – big bullies throwing apples at a pretty young girl and **gasp** her DOG!!! I find that to be a perfectly relate-able scene, doesn’t everyone? So I rounded up as many 21 Day Fix-friendly apple recipes to sling out there on the web (so much kinder than those nasty trees) and hopefully brighten your day as much as they did mine 🙂
- Instant Pot / Crock Pot Applesauce (3/4 purple, 3/4 sweetener teaspoon)
- Baked Apples (1 purple, 2 tsp)
- Instant Pot Apple Crisp (1 Purple, 1/2 Blie, 1/2 Yellow, 1 tsp)
- Cinnamon Apple Protein Pancakes (1/2 Yellow, 1/2 Red, 1 Purple)
- Apple Cookie Snacks (1 Purple, 2tsps almond butter, distribute granola accordingly) – great post-workout or on the go kid snack!
- Baked Apples (1 Purple, 1 /2 Yellow, 2 tsp) – holiday dessert, 21 day fix-style!!
- Apple Blackberry Cheesecake Tart (1/2 Yellow, 1/4 Purple, 1/3 Blue, 1/6 Red, 1 tsp, 1 1/2 tsp sugar/honey)
- Apple & Goat Cheese Pizza (1 Yellow, 1 Blue, 1/2 Green, 1/4 Purple, 1 tsp honey)
- Carrot Apple Salad (1/2 Green, 1/2 Purple, 1/2 Orange OR 2 tsp)
- Cider-Glazed Sweet Potato & Apple Bake (1 Yellow, 1/2 Purple, 1 tsp, 1 tsp maple syrup) – a must-try this Thanksgiving 🙂
- Cranberry-Apple Pie Overnight Oats (1 Yellow, 3/4 Purple, 1/2 Blue, 1 1/2 tsp maple syrup)
Join me on Facebook for more 21 Day Fix recipes, free printables, and meal planning and budgeting help.
Also, check out the posts below for more great 21 Day Fix recipes.