My mom always makes us something delicious for our birthdays. And recently she surprised us with homemade egg rolls and….ohhhhh myyyyy. I mean, who doesn’t love egg rolls?! They’re crispy, flaky…and very, very deep fried. And as much I’d love to indulge in these perfect little party foods, I just know better. Enter this Instant Pot Weight Watchers egg roll bowl with Freestyle Smart Points – and guys, it’s ONLY 1 POINT per serving.
NEW: I’ve added 21 Day Fix container counts to this recipe, too!
This recipe is from Chellie over at Art From My Table. This recipe is full of flavor and the slaw makes is super crunchy, which I like to believe tricks my brain into thinking I’m eating a real egg roll (ugh, wishful thinking…) But I DO get all of those yummy flavors and don’t feel like I just took a shot of fryer oil. Always looking for those positives 😉 Plus, this recipe uses the good ol’ Instant Pot, so it’s convenient and fuss-free!
Instant Pot Weight Watchers Egg Roll Bowl with Freestyle SmartPoints
If you’re coming back to this recipe, I’ve made some changes. Most notably, I’ve changed it to serve 4. When I would make this, I realized that I had tons of leftovers (and to be honest, I don’t love leftover cabbage a few days out). So I’ve updated this for four people. You can easily double this recipe for eight servings. The cook time will be the same.
Serves 4 (each serving size is about 2 cups)
2 teaspoons sesame oil
1 onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
1-2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
1 pound lean ground turkey
1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce or coconut aminos
1-2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 16 oz package coleslaw
salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons scallions, chopped
Be sure to always double check the container counts/nutritional date/WW points yourself!
Weight Watchers Points: 1 serving (about 2 cups) is 1 Weight Watchers Freestyle Point.
21 Day Fix container counts (per 2 cup serving): 1 red, 1 green, .5 teaspoon
Egg Roll in a Bowl
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/4 cup chicken broth fat-free, low-sodium
- 1-2 cloves garlic minced or pressed
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1-2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 16 oz package cole slaw
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp scallions or green onion chopped
- Turn IP on Saute
- Add sesame oil and onion, saute until onion is just tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and stir for 30 seconds.
- Add ground turkey and using a spoon, break up as it browns (note, you do not need to brown it all the way, just mostly).
- Turn the IP off.
- Add soy sauce, ginger, chicken broth, and half of the cole slaw package. Alternately, you can save the coleslaw and add it all at the end (this is my preferred method). Stir well to combine.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot with the valve in Sealed position.
- Use manual high pressure for 2 minutes.
- When finished cooking, use quick release.
- Add remaining cole slaw and scallions and stir well. Enjoy!