Every year, my mother-in-law makes us a Thanksgiving dinner that is far too big so that my husband and I can bring home leftovers. And when I say “leftovers,” I mean enough food to last us for the week…and then some. Last year I was overwhelmed with the chaos in the fridge, so I made turkey enchiladas, turkey pot pie, and turkey stock and froze them so I wouldn’t go crazy. I couldn’t eat turkey sandwiches for months afterward. To spice it up, I found these 21 Day Fix Thanksgiving leftovers recipes so that you can avoid those overeating, turkey-laden sorrows…and carbs.
Note: These don’t call for turkey in the recipe, but the protein can be substituted for your leftover bird and still taste just as delicious. Honestly, my turkey pot pie tasted better than any chicken pot pie I’ve ever made. (Side note: My turkey pot pie is probably as fattening as my entire Thanksgiving dinner was. I saved it for, quite literally, a rainy day 😉 )
21 Day Fix Thanksgiving Leftovers Recipes
If your family prefers deep-friend turkey (ohmigosh SO good), remove the skin before putting in any dish. Yummy? Yes. 21 Day Fix friendly? Mmmm, not so much. Also, deep fried turkey does not work well when making your own turkey stock. Especially if you freeze it. Oops, my bad…
- Chicken Fajita Wraps (1.5 Green, 1.25 Red, 1.5 tsp)
- Waldorf Chicken Salad Pita Pocket ( 1 Red, .5 Purple, .5 Green, .5 Yellow, .5 Blue – if using pecans)
- Buffalo Chicken Dip (entire recipe is 3.5 Red, 2 Blue) – make this on Sunday when the family is watching football!
- Burrito Bowls (for entire recipe is 4 Red, 3 Yellow, 1 Purple without toppings) – this is an Instant Pot recipe that calls for frozen chicken. Omit the chicken and heat your leftover turkey separately, adding it once rice & beans are fully cooked)
- Avocado Chicken Salad (1 Red, 1 Blue, 1 Purple)
- Lazy Zucchini Enchilada Skillet (1.25 Red, 1 Blue, 1 Green, .5 tsp) – this is a one pot dish, which will be nice after cleaning up the giant turkey day mess!
- Mini Bell Pepper Nachos (1 Red, 1 Green, .5 Blue) – another great game day snack!
- Creamy Pesto Chicken Pasta (1.5 Yellow, .5 Red, .5 Green, .5 Blue, 1 Tsp)
- Asian Chicken Salad Pita Pocket (1 Red, .5 Purple, .5 Green, 1 Orange, .5 Yellow)
- Spaghetti Squash Boats w/ Chicken & Roasted Pepper Sauce ( 1 Red, 1 Blue, 1.75 Green)
- Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps (1 Red, .25 Green, 1.5 tsp)
- BBQ Chicken Pizza (1 Yellow, 1 Red, 1 Blue, 1 Orange)
- Enchilada Flatbread (1 Green, 1 Yellow, .5 Blue, .5 Red)
Join me on Facebook for more 21 Day Fix recipes, free printables, and meal planning and budgeting help.
Also, check out the posts below for more great 21 Day Fix recipes.