Yummy yummy, y’all. These Chicken Sausage and Gouda Egg Bites were dreaming themselves up in my head when I was making another recipe and trying to figure out what to do with all the gouda I had left over (besides just eat it, ha). These were super easy to make, freeze well, are perfect for meal prep…and are 21 Day Fix-friendly (container counts below!).
Chicken Sausage and Gouda Egg Bites for the 21 Day Fix
I want to take a second to brag on Aldi, since that’s where these ingredients all came from. In case you haven’t noticed…groceries are SO EXPENSIVE right now. So. Expensive. I frequently order my groceries because I don’t like grocery shopping, and also because I am pulled so many different ways, it’s a huge time saver. But it’s also more expensive to order them. When I was getting these ingredients, I ordered from Aldi instead of my usual store and it was so much cheaper. So…if you have an Aldi nearby, this is my PSA to try them next time you get groceries.
Another benefit to Aldi is that they have great chicken sausage and shredded gouda.
And speaking of gouda (again) – this Creamy Pumpkin Gouda Soup also calls for gouda, so you can add to your meal plan when you’re making these!
If you’re looking for meal prep containers, I can’t recommend these glass container from Amazon enough:
21 Day Fix-Friendly Egg Bite Recipe
These are super easy to customize. Don’t like gouda (who are you?!), swap it out for parmesan or cheddar. Tomatoes not your thing, toss in some broccoli instead. You can leave out the chicken sausage to make it vegetarian, or swap for another Fix-friendly protein. The sky’s the limit, baby!
So let’s get down to business and make these egg bites! (egg muffins? egg cups? so many things they can be called)
Serves: 6 (2 per serving)
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (you could swap out for low-fat milk, but that would change the container counts from what you see here)
- 3 chicken breakfast sausage links (I used the Aldi brand, Never Any!)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped into quarters
- 1 cup shredded gouda
- salt and pepper, to taste
How to make 21 Day Fix Egg Bites
Preheat oven to 350.
Spray muffin tin with olive oil spray.
Prepare chicken sausage per instructions (just toss in the microwave for a few seconds) and then cut into small pieces.
Spread the chicken sausage, tomatoes, and gouda evenly amongt the cups.
Combine eggs, almond milk, and salt and pepper and whisk well. Pour mixture into the muffin cups until about 2/3 full.
Bake 18-20 minutes.
Chicken Sausage and Gouda Egg Bites
- 1 c gouda shredded
- 1 c cherry tomatoes chopped
- 3 chicken sausage links chopped
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 c unsweetened almond milk
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray muffin tin with olive oil spray.
- Prepare chicken sausage per instructions (just toss in the microwave for a few seconds) and then cut into small pieces.
- Spread the chicken sausage, tomatoes, and gouda evenly amongt the cups.
- Combine eggs, almond milk, and salt and pepper and whisk well. Pour mixture into the muffin cups until about 2/3 full.
- Bake 18-20 minutes.
- Serve immediately. If you're prepping these for the week, let them cool before saving in an air-tight container. You can also freeze these!
- .83 red (I would call this 3/4 red)
- .16 green (I'd call it 1/4, or just leave it out entirely)
- .66 blue (I'd call this one 3/4)
JOIN MY NEWSLETTER
Sign up here for my weekly newsletter and get a FREE printable Home Binder with over 40 beautiful pages of planning help delivered immediately to your inbox! :)