I was invited to participate in a promotional tour of Branson through US Family Guides Blogger Network. All opinions are my own, all experiences are my own, and OMG I’M EXCITED about this trip! Also, be sure to check out the Branson coupons for local attractions and lodging at the bottom of this post.
True story: I’ve been wanting to visit the Ozarks since I was in third grade. Random? Maybe. But when my third grade teacher read the book, Where the Red Fern Grows, to my third grade class, I was enthralled with this mysterious part of the United States I had never heard of before. It sounded so different than the Southern California landscape I called home.
So I guess you could say our family trip to Branson, MO (the Ozarks, y’all!) has me really, really excited. And it’s only seven days away!
I’m excited about the Ozarks and checking out a part of the U.S. I have never visited before. I’m also excited about the family vaction aspect of this trip…we’ve traveled with the kids, but haven’t taken a *real* vacation since Claire was a baby. I can’t wait to experience this new place as a family.
Branson is a popular family vacation destination for Texans. I know many people who vacation in Branson. Less than a day’s drive away, full of kid-friendly activities and a few degrees cooler than Texas (that’s important, you guys!), Branson has always been on our vacation “to-do” list.
Our itinerary is packed with fun activities, and after we return I’ll be sharing details about all of the attractions we visit. I’ll also share info about the road trip (from Dallas) and general helpful information about planning a trip to Branson. But in the meantime, here are some Branson coupons and deals for those of you are already planning a trip!
Get the latest Discounts on Branson Lodging, Attractions and Shows here.
Branson Tracks: #BransonTracks — Racing fun! Buy Online and Save!
World’s Largest Toy Museum: #World’sLargestToyMuseum SAVE $2 Off Admission! Buy here.
Shoot for the Stars Mini-Golf: #ShootfortheStars #Mini-Golf 50% Off Mini Golf fun!
Here’s a list of all the things we’ll be doing during our trip:
- Dinner Cruise aboard the Show Boat Branson Belle
- Silver Dollar City
- JONAH the plat at Sight & Sound Theatre
- Breakfast at Keeter Center at College of the Ozarks
- Butterfly Palace and Rainforest Adventure (did you read the post I wrote about how I’m terrified of butterflies? Safe to say the kids and hubby will be doing this while I stay SAFELY outside, ha!)
- White Water
- Ride the Ducks
- Titanic Museum (so, I actually saw the movie Titanic in theaters :::COUGH COUGH::: seven times, and read all the books I could get my hands on about the actual Titanic, so…I’m KIND OF EXCITED about this one)
- Staying at the Grand Country Resort