Last week was awesome because we actually stuck to our meal plan every single night.
I would like to be able to tell you all that we *always* stick to our meal plans. That’s what someone who sells Meal Planners should be able to say, right?
But the truth is, we stick to most of our meal plan, most of the time. And I am totally okay with that! This is real life, and real life is doing the best we can.
But last week? Every night, y’all. And last week’s meal plan was so, so good. We also didn’t go out to lunch (not once!), or Starbucks. And while we did get donuts today (National Donut Day, HOLLA!), we mostly ate the food we had in our house.
Which was really important because we bought tons of produce at Costco last week, and if you are a Costco shopper, you know what that looks like (hello, fridge full of spinach).
Just a couple of notes about what actually sticking to the meal plan can do for you:
- Save you tons of money. Our Costco bill? NOT CHEAP. But guess what? Seven breakfasts, lunches, and dinners cooked at home (ok, six breakfasts…donuts) are a lot more affordable than those same meals at a restaurant.
- Make you lose weight. I haven’t weighed myself, but I picked healthy dinners for last week. And while I can’t say I’m any skinnier today, I’m definitely better off than if we had eaten a few meals out last week.
- Help you get out of a rut. We usually stick to the same few recipes, and again – REAL LIFE. There is nothing wrong with that! But last week we added some new ones to the mix, and it kind of got us excited about trying new thing again.
So, there’s my advice for the week. Make yourself stick to your meal plan and see how you feel at the end of the week. I bet you’ll feel great.
Here’s this week’s weekly meal plan.
Italian Chicken Bake + Salad
Breakfast for Dinner: Ham & Broccoli “Quiche”
New England Clam Chowder and Side Salad
Here are a couple of new dessert recipes to try this week:
Join us on Facebook for weekly meal plans, easy recipes, and tons of free printables!
Need more ideas? These bloggers create weekly meal plans, too:
- Art From My Table – whole foods meal plans
- Confessions of a Fit Foodie – 21 Day Fix Meal Plans
- My Crazy Good Life – check out this awesome 21 Day Fix summer meal plan!