I’m a member of the Netflix #StreamTeam, which means I’m a Netflix ambassador and get to share all of my binge watching experiences and television obsessions with you, so you can binge watch, too. But today, I’m sharing a few of my favorite kid shows on Netflix…some of them are new!
True story, you guys. My kids can operate Netflix as well as any adult, and the other day? My seven-year-old had to help with me the remote. And he actually fixed my problem.
I recently had this conversation with Jack:
Me: “When I was a kid, I had to wait until Friday nights or Saturday mornings to watch my favorite TV shows!”
Jack: “That’s what it was like in the 80’s?”
Me: “Yes! Can you imagine if you could only watch Johnny Test once a week, and if you missed it, you’d have to wait another week before you could see the next one?”
Jack: “That doesn’t sound very fun.”
No, Jack. It wasn’t. But that’s the way it was. And I don’t really get too nostalgic about it, either, because NETFLIX.
The whole family is in love with Netflix and the great programming they provide. The kids each have their own profiles, and today I’m going to share with you some of their most-watched shows (which might come in handy if you have kids who like to watch the same shows over and over again!).
- Johnny Test – he’s funny, he has a dog named Dukey, and the kids think he’s THE BEST.
- LEGO Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitsu – Both kids love this show, and we have the LEGOs to prove it.
- Pee-Wee’s Playhouse – I totally made the kids watch the first episode of Pee-Wee. But after that? It quickly became a favorite…without me prompting them to watch! Annnnnnd, I may have just taken a little blogging break to watch part of an episode. By myself. On my laptop. Without any kids around. (and it’s STILL hilarious)
- Sofia the First – Sofia! Everyone loves sweet Sofia and her magical purple pegasus pony, Minimus!
- Dragons: Race to the Edge – We haven’t actually watched this yet, because it’s new and we just haven’t had a chance. But viewers are treated to How to Train Your Dragon favorites, Toothless and Hiccup, in this new show.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – Star Wars. That is all.
- Barbie Life in the Dreamhouse – Claire is starting to really get excited about Barbie. I didn’t know what to expect from the show, but whenever it’s on, I find myself watching it. It’s actually really cute – cheeky, funny, and smarter than you’d expect.
- Powerpuff Girls – Claire’s top choice lately!
- My Little Pony – Be still my heart. My Little Pony.
- Little Einsteins – This show is a little bit young for Jack, but every time it’s on…I find him watching it. It’s perfect for Claire, though.
- Dawn of the Croods – We’re new to this show, which is new to Netflix, but Claire was hooked after just a few minutes of the first episode.
What do your kids love to watch on Netflix?