You guys, I am so excited about this!
A few months ago, I decided that I wanted to do a series on children’s books on my blog. I love children’s books, I am in the process of writing one, and I wanted to think of a fun way to get parents and grandparents and teachers to read to their kids every day. Two of my best blogging buddies, Sarah (Play 2 Learn with Sarah) and Elizabeth (Rock-a-Bye Parents), have teaching experience and blog regularly about children’s books. So together, we’ve been working on a month’s worth of fun blog posts that will hopefully encourage you all to read to your kids as much as possible in the month of May (and the rest of the year too, but…A Book a Day in May has a nice ring to it).
And through this, we came up with a fun and easy challenge (with a prize! Because prizes are good!). The #BookaDayinMay Instagram Challenge is officially underway, and I want you to come play!
It’s so easy to enter, and every entry is for a good cause – your kid!
Here’s the challenge: read at least a book a day to your child for the month of May.
Here’s how to enter:
- Follow your hosts on Instagram. You can find us here: @carrieelleblog @sarahkostusiak @rockaybeparents
- Every time you read a book, share a photo to Instagram and hashtag it with #BookaDayinMay (photos can be of you, your kids, the book – whatever you’d normally share on Instagram that clearly shows you’ve been reading!).
- For extra entries: share the image below on IG (be sure to follow us and include the hashtag!). You can reshare from my IG profile.
- Every photo you share is good for one entry, and there’s no limit.
That’s it! Not spammy, and now you have an excuse to read extra books to your kids.
Here are the rules:
- Enter as many times as you like. The more books, the better! We want you to read to those kiddos and encourage others to do so, too.
- If your profile is set to private, make you sure you allow us to follow you back! Otherwise, we won’t be able to see your photos.
- Winner will be chosen with Random.org on June 1st and will receive a $50 gift code to Amazon.com.
There will be lots of fun, book-related posts this week, so be sure to sign up for my weekly email list to keep in the loop.
Happy Reading! 🙂