This post brought to you by Pure Silk Shave Cream. The content and opinions expressed below are that of Carrie Elle.
If there is one thing I do almost every single day during the summer…it’s shave my legs. We spend tons of time at the pool, and ain’t nobody got time for prickly legs, right?!
I’ll admit my shaving routine has mostly consisted of water and a razor-that-really-should-be-replaced. But recently, I started something new…adding Pure Silk Shave Cream into my routine, and you guys? SMOOTHEST. LEGS. EVER. Seriously. Why wasn’t I doing this before?
I also got super crazy and bought new (kind of expensive) razors. I have sensitive skin, and cheap razors just…don’t cut it. Hahahahahah. Actually, they totally DO cut, and that’s why I always splurge on razors. I can’t afford not to.
So, let me share with you my five tips for the smoothest shave ever (and then be sure to get your FREE Pure Silk Shave Cream *and* your free printable pool party invitations, so you can invite everyone to the pool to admire your close shave, woohoo!).
- Exfoliate. I use an all-natural sea salt scrub. You can easily make your own sea salt or sugar scrub by mixing sugar (or sea salt), olive oil (until you have the consistency you want) and a few drops of your favorite essential oil. Mix well and store in a jar. Use before you shave.
- Let your legs soak a bit before shaving. Dont shave right away…instead shave after you’ve been in the water for 3-5 minutes.
- Buy a new razor. Seriously, you guys. Splurge on a nice (sharp) razor.
- Use Pure Silk Shave Cream before you shave. Lather all over your legs. Not only will this help prevent nicks and cuts, but it also moisturizes…and you’ll get a closer shave.
- Moisturizer after you shower. I use coconut oil (straight from the jar, and just a small amount – a little goes a long way!).
Not only are my legs smoother after using Pure Silk Shave Cream, but they also feel more moisturized. And I could be imagining it, but it feels like they stay smooth longer (really, this is probably just because I am getting a much closer shave with the Pure Silk than I was when I was only using water!).
With summer in full force and legs in full view, now is the perfect time to improve your shaving routine – and you can try Pure Silk Shave Cream for FREE at CVS, and only $.89 at Walgreens when you stack the RedPlum coupon (available July 10th) with the great deals at CVS and Walgreens.
How to get Pure Silk Shave Cream FREE at CVS:
- CVS Sale Price 1.50 – combine $.50 off 1 coupon (available 7/10 in RedPlum) with $1.00 off 1 CVS mobile app savings
How to get Pure Silk Shave Cream for $.89 at Walgreens:
- Walgreens sale price $1.39 – use $.50 off 1 coupon (available 7/10 in RedPlum) to get $.89 price
My daughter’s birthday is in July, and we usually celebrate it at the pool. Inspired by Pure Silk in Cherry Blossom and ALL THE SMOOTH LEGS I’ve been experiencing lately, I made some cute, cherry blossom-inspired printable pool party invitations (that could actually be used for any type of party).
You can click on the download button below to get your free party invitations!
If you’re planning a pink pool party, you might also love these cute flamino invitations.
Be sure to head down to your local CVS or Walgreens to take advantage of this great deal on Pure Silk Shave Cream while you can (offer starts July 10th!).