Lately, I’ve been adding more salads to our weekly meal plans (not meal planning yet? You need to start!). I’m slowly moving towards a more plant-based diet, and while I still eat meat, I’m trying to fill my plate with veggies first…and then have meat and carb-y foods as the sides. It’s a process, and I am far from perfect…but I’ve found that planning for lot of salads (and soups) can really help me stick with this plan.
Here are a bunch of easy salad recipes – many of which I have tried and loved, and several that are on my menu for this week, too!
Easy Salad Recipes
- Cobb Salad On-a-Stick – I love this because not only is good (with homemade dressing, too!), but it’s also the perfect party food!
- Vietnamese Spring Rolls – These are basically a salad in a wrapper!
- Ramen Broccoli and Kale Salad – The almonds and dried cherries in this really make it look fantastic.
- BLT Salad On-a-Stick – This time, with homemade avocado dressing. Yum!
- Fennel Orange Salad with Grilled Chicken – I love the idea of combining the chicken with citrus – so good.
- Grape and Walnut Salad – This is one of my VERY FAVORITES, you guys – it’s so good.
- Make-Ahead Salads and Western Dressing – In a time crunch? Here are four salads you can make ahead – along with a great substitute for ranch dressing!
- Quinoa Spinach Salad with Lemon Basil Vinaigrette – LOVE all the fruit in this!
- Mexican Quinoa Salad – I just love all the healthy ingredients in this!
- Strawberry Watermelon Salad with Honey Lime Vinaigrette – Refreshing and perfect for watermelon season!
- Berries and More Salad – This looks super refreshing and perfect for all the fresh produce available right now.
- Chicken Poppyseed Fruit Salad – Another great way to eat your fruit.
- Clean-Eating BBQ Chicken Salad – This looks like a filling meal…and something everyone will eat.
- Skinny Chicken and Avocado Caesar Salad – AVOCADO.
- Asian Cucumber Salad – Looks super fresh and light…will definitely be adding this to the mix!
- Homemade Lemon Rosemary Dressing – Don’t forget to make your own dressing, too – it’s easy!
I’d love to know what your favorite salad is to eat – let me know in the comments below!
Be sure to join us on Facebook for lots of healthy recipes and fun ideas!