It’s beautiful weather for the great outdoors, and that means lots of things in my neck of the woods. Namely sunshine, swimming, travel, dirt, and…bugs (Texas can be rough, y’all). Before you head to the store and stock up on bug repellents, sunscreen, and lip balm, though…take a look at these great DIY recipes. You can often save money and end up with a healthier product if you take a few minutes to make it yourself!
I’ve put together a list of some DIY personal care products for outdoors that you can totally make yourself.
DIY Personal Care Products for the Great Outdoors
- DIY camping spray – This spray has only a few ingredients, and will keep the bugs away!
- DIY lip balm – Soothe sore lips with this easy-to-make lip balm.
- DIY deodorant – Don’t be scared! I’ve never made my own deodorant before (not yet!), but I’ve bought all natural deodorant been before and been very pleased with the results.
- Homemade insect repellents – Here are more homemade insect repellent recipes to choose from.
- Sunscreen – Want to try making your own sunscreen? There are lots of formulas here to try!
- DIY Detangler – After a long day at the pool, you’ll want this to get the tangles out.
- DIY Citronella Candle – Use this candle to keep those bugs away while you’re enjoying the nice weather.
- Lavender Honey Soap – I love me some homemade soaps. This one looks divine!
- Homemade Baby Wipes – Baby wipes come in handy for all kinds of things…but your baby’s bottom will also appreciate the gesture!
- Honey lotion bars – This looks like an amazing way to replenish your skin.
- Aloe Vera Lip Gloss – Because no one likes lips with a sunburn!
- Aloe Peppermint Soothing Cubes – If you get burned, these will help soothe your skin and cool you off.
- Herbal diaper rash salve – Little ones getting diaper rashes? Try this herbal salve.
And if you’re going camping (or just sitting around a fire out back), save money by making these Homemade Fire Starters.
What are your favorite personal care products to DIY? Let me know in the comments below!
Join us on Facebook for easy crafts, simple recipes, free printables, and planner love!
Copyright: joannawnuk / 123RF Stock Photo