One of the Costco products we buy regularly for the kids is Mickey Mouse Chicken Nuggets. Before you get all, “Ewww! Processed chicken in the shape of Mickey’s head!” know this…it’s really pretty un-processed as far as processed foods go, and the ingredients are limited and all things I can pronounce and even identify. And the kids love them. But still – it always feels better to provide a home-cooked meal, and we’ve now got a chicken dish that Jack declared, “Better than the Mickey chicken!” SCORE. And you’ll love this Crispy Parmesan Chicken recipe, too.
We like it in the form of chicken breasts, but we have also made it into smaller pieces (chicken finger-size) for the kids, with huge success.
Crispy Parmesan Chicken
- 4 to 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- I use the boneless, skinless chicken breasts although the original recipe called for bone-in breasts or thighs. All would work well.
- In a plastic bag, mix together the Parmesan cheese, paprika and pepper. I sometimes add ½ teaspoon garlic powder and ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning, depending on taste.
- Brush chicken on all sides with the mayonnaise. Add one piece at a time to the Parmesan mixture; shake to coat well. Arrange on a greased rack in a large shallow pan so that the pieces do not touch. Bake 40 – 45 minutes in a preheated 425 degree oven until golden brown and tender.
This parmesan chicken recipe is a favorite in our house and has been since the first time I tried it – I know you’ll love it, too!
I’m excited to practice my cooking skills and share with you some of Grammie’s most delicious (and easiest) recipes.