I visit (and blog about) the Dallas Arboretum every chance I get. It’s just so beautiful. There is always something new going on, the grounds are impeccably maintained, and it’s got something for the whole family. This is where we go when we have out-of-town visitors and I want to show them the best of Dallas.
The Dallas Arboretum has several amazing festivals throughout the year, and they are all truly “must-see” events – but if I had to pick one to attend, it would be Autumn at the Arboretum. I had the chance to check it out last week before it opened, and I want to share with you some of my favorite things about the fall festival opening this week – also, be sure to check out the bottom of this post for visiting and logistical information!
If you’ve never been, you’re missing out! This year, over 50,000 pumpkins were used to create a magical Autumn experience, complete with the kid-favorite Pumpkin Village. If you need a place to take some amazing pumpkin pictures with the kids, bring them here. And speaking of pumpkin pictures…
Autumn at the Arboretum runs September 20 – November 26, 2014. You can find daily hours here.
If you’re visiting with kids (or anyone, for that matter) and can visit first thing in the morning on a weekday, you’ll miss out on all the crowds. Weekends can be CRAZY…but I’ve still braved the crowds for pumpkin pictures!
Here is a bunch of other fun stuff going on at the Aboretum this fall:
- Pumpkin Village (pictured about) – Pumpkin Village includes pumpkin and gourd houses, Cinderella’s carriage, a straw maze, and OMG PUMPKINS EVERYWHERE. Your kids (and you) will LOVE it.
- Harvest Tea – If you’re looking for a special experience or a unique way to celebrate something, the Harvest Tea is amazing. I’ve been to several of the teas at the Arboretum – it’s my favorite thing to do for Mother’s Day and my birthday. Guests must be 13+, and reservations are required. Learn more here.
- Kimberly-Clark Mommy & Me Mondays and Tiny Tot Tuesdays – Face painting, music, art, and petting zoos – all designed for the kiddos! Get hours and more info here.
- $1 Off Admission presented by Tom Thumb – Buy tickets at Tom Thumb locations for $1 off. Special runs September 20 – November 26.
- Buy One, Get One Free Wednesdays – Tickets must be purchased onsite, limit one per customer.
- C.C. Young Senior Thursdays – Discount ticket prices *and* a 20% discount at the gift store (which has tons of fun stuff). More info here.
- Oktoberfest Garden – From 11AM-3PM daily, enjoy a traditional German lunch at Cafe on the Green.
- Piano Melodies by Keith Schmorr – Daily 11AM-3PM at the Brinegar Patio.
- Columbus Weekend Festivities – Listen to live music from 11AM-1PM on Saturday, October 11 and Sunday, October 12.
- Family Fun Weekend – Trick-or-Treat throughout the garden and enjoy family-friendly activities. October 25-26, 9AM-5PM.
- Cool Thursdays Concerts – This outdoor concert series runs through November 4th. See who’s playing and order your tickets here.
Have you been to the Arboretum yet this fall?
Don’t forget to check out the Rory Meyers Children’s Garden – click here to plan your trip to the Arboretum and the Children’s Garden! If you’re new to Dallas, visiting Dallas, or just looking for something to in the area…be sure to check out all of my Dallas posts here!