We received tickets to visit Pirate Beach at LEGOLAND Discovery Center so I could share my experience with you.
Jack’s birthday isn’t until December. And yet, he’s known exactly what he wants to do for his birthday since March (not even kidding!). Instead of a party, he’s decided that he wants to visit LEGOLAND Discovery Center and pick out some new LEGOS for his birthday present. He *loves* LEGOLAND, is always looking for a chance to visit. This past week, Pirate Beach opened at LEGOLAND Discovery Center in Grapevine, Texas, and we surprised the kids with a visit to check out the newest splash park in DFW.
Geared towards kids ages 3-10, Pirate Beach has 30 interactive gadgets for kids to splash around with – and a bunch of giant LEGOS to build with!
The kids had a blast. Between cannons, and the slide, and the WATER…and the fact that they got to change back into their normal clothes and enjoy LEGOLAND Discovery Center afterwards…it was a huge hit. I’ll let the pictures do the talking (and then I’ve got information and tips for planning your trip at the bottom of the post).
- Admission to Pirate Beach is included with your LEGOLAND Discovery Center ticket. You can purchase discounted tickets here.
- Pirate Beach is seasonal and is open through October 2014.
- Bring a change of clothes. There are changing rooms at Pirate Beach, so kids can change into dry clothes to enjoy all that LEGOLAND has to offer!
- Bring a towel and sunscreen. Pirate Beach is not covered, and it can get hot!
- If you forget your child’s swimsuit or sunscreen, no worry – you can purchase these items onsite.
- There are plenty of tables for parents to sit at while the kids play (and these tables have umbrellas).
- Get there right when it opens (you can see hours here) to avoid crowds.
This is a great time to visit LEGOLAND Discovery Center. Here are some other attractions to check out this Fall: