Today, contributor Rachel is sharing some tips for getting healthy by implementing simple changes in your life. It doesn’t have to be all or nothing! I love her ideas for making healthy changes…there are some *great* ideas here!
Really is it the end of February?!
How are you doing with your New Year Resolution? By now you may be sick of that big fitness resolution or maybe you had great intentions but you haven’t seen much progress. Either way, you don’t have to do a complete upheaval to create a healthy changes in your life. Often small steps in the right direction are enough to make you feel better. Feeling better leads to you feeling more confident. Your confidence keeps moving forward so you can keep taking more steps in the right direction. Before you know it, you’ve got some momentum going and then you start to see your pregress developing!
I wanted to share with you a few changes I made to my life when I first started on my journey of being my best self. I knew that if I implemented a lot of BIG, new strategies I would feel overwhelmed. So instead each week, I added 1 or 2 from the list below to my weekly plan.
- This post contains affiliate links.
I am all about making things simple! Here is a simplified list so that you too, can start on the road to a healthier life!
- Drink more water.
- Try a new fruit or vegetable.
- Sneak some veggies into your diet. Egg muffins are a great way to do this and you’ll get your protein in as well!
- Add citrus essential oils, diced fruit, or herbs to your ice water to jazz things ups!
- Stop drinking soda.
- Swap out your snacks. Go for cucumbers and hummus or blueberries and yogurt instead of chips and dip!
- Give yourself 1 cheat meal each week.
- Try some herbal teas! They are delish! Celestial Seasoning has sooo many choices!
- Make a workout playlist.
- Get moving for 30 minutes a day.
- Try a month-long workout challenge
- Meal plan and shop when you aren’t hungry.
- Buy a new pair of workout shoes.
- Sign up for a free 30 day trial of Beachbody On Demand so you have lots of workouts to choose from! Switching up a workouts is a great way to keep from getting bored. With hundreds of workouts on demand, you can try everything!
- Take the stairs/ take a parking spot further away from the door.
- Purchase a Fitbit! I love my Fitbit blaze! It tracks almost everything!
- Cut back on the salt.
- Throw out the junk food in your house, if it’s there, you’ll eat it.
- Swap your Starbucks frappe for a Cafe Latte Smoothie (it’s healthier and cheaper too!)
- Plan ahead, take snacks on road trips and pack your lunch for work.
- Go for a walk outside.
- Enlist a workout buddy to help keep you accountable.
- Find healthier versions of your favorite treats.
- If you’re still hungry, eat veggies.
- Get rid of TV! Here’s everything you need to know before you cut the cord.
If you’ve been trying to focus more on health, wellness and fitness, remember that it’s not about perfection, it’s about consistency. This is a list of items that worked for me and many others in my accountability group.
Implement some of these strategies and stick with it! It’s so worth it to feel better. And if you need more help, I’m just a message away!
Copyright: klenova / 123RF Stock Photo