This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MyPlantBasedMenu #CollectiveBias
Overnight oats are my everything. Just having them in the fridge, ready for the next day, makes me feel a little bit more put together and ready for what may come. And it’s not just oats! Having breakfast prepped ahead of time helps you make better food choices, increases the likeliness that you’ll eat well rather than drive through somewhere on the way to work, and saves you time. Today I’ve got three grab and go breakfast recipes that are perfect for the 21 Day Fix and Weight Watchers…AND they’re all dairy-free, too! 21 Day Fix and Weight Watchers Grab and Go Breakfast Recipes
All of these easy grab and go breakfast recipes have one thing in common (besides deliciousness). They’re made with Silk Almondmilk. We actually go through Almondmilk like it’s going out of style. This plant-based almondmilk works well with both the 21 Day Fix and Weight Watchers programs (if you’ve done either program, you’ve probably noticed that traditional milk can really use up a lot of your daily containers or points, depending on which program you follow – Silk Almondmilk is a great alternative). Silk Almondmilk at Walmart gets the feature spot in these recipes. You can grab all the other ingredients for these recipes at Walmart, too. If you’ve never tried Silk Almondmilk before, just hover over the picture below to order some from your local Walmart!
Today I’m sharing three simple recipes that you can make ahead so you’ll always have a delicious grab-and-go breakfast ready! While you don’t want to freeze the overnight oats recipe, you can certainly freeze the other two…which means you can prep a bunch and then freeze the leftovers, so you’ll always have something to grab on your way out the door.
Strawberry Banana Overnight Oats
These make-ahead strawberry banana overnight oats use a magical ingredient to make them taste fancy – thawed frozen strawberries. There’s just something about the juicy deliciousness that is a frozen strawberry after it’s thawed.
Strawberry Banana Overnight Oats
- 1/3 c oats rolled or steel cut
- 1/3 c Silk Almondmilk
- 1/4 c dairy-free yogurt
- 1/2 c frozen strawberries thawed
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 banana sliced
- 1/2 tbsp walnuts chopped
- 1/2 tbsp coconut flakes toasted
- Thaw about 1/2 cup frozen strawberries. Either thaw them overnight or heat in a saucepan until thawed. Mash until they form a thick sauce. You'll end up with about 1/4 cup mashed strawberries.
- Mix the oats, Silk Almondmilk, dairy-free yogurt, and honey. Add the strawberries. Mix well.
- Seal in a container and keep in the fridge overnight.
- When ready to eat, slice up half a banana for the topping. Add chopped walnuts and toasted coconut if desired. Some fresh sliced strawberries also make a great topping!
- 1 yellow
- 1 blue
- 1 1/4 purple
- 1 sweetener teaspoon (if you use honey)
Strawberry Banana 21 Day Fix Muffins
Now let’s talk muffins because y’all know I love me some muffins! My muffin recipes, all of which use almondmilk, are some of my most popular recipes. I also used some thawed strawberry magic for these babies. Totally worth the extra work (which isn’t even all that extra, I promise).
Strawberry Banana Whole Wheat Muffins
- 1 c whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 c banana mashed (about two medium bananas)
- 1 c frozen strawberries thawed
- 1 c dairy-free yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 c Silk Almondmilk
- Preheat your oven to 325.
- Spray a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray, or line with paper liners. Because these muffins don't use any oil,
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In another medium bowl, mash the bananas and thawed strawberries. Add the yogurt, egg, and almond milk and mix until blended together.
- Add the banana/yogurt/egg mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until everything is wet.
- Divide evenly into 12 muffin tins. Bake for 20-25 minutes, depending on your oven. Mine were ready right at 20. You'll know they're done when they are a pretty golden color and a toothpick stuck in a muffin comes out clean.
Broccoli Cheese Egg Cups
Sometimes you need a little protein to start your day. These grab and go egg cups are super easy to customize. They freeze well and not only are they great for breakfast, but they make for a perfect afternoon pick-me-up! I have a secret ingredient for these, too…crispy whole wheat croutons!
Broccoli Cheese Egg Cups
- 1 1/2 c broccoli florets, finely chopped
- 1/4 c spinach chopped
- 8 eggs
- 3/4 c Silk Almondmilk
- 2/3 c vegan cheese shredded
- 3 whole wheat bread slices
- 2 tsp olive oil
- salt to taste
- Turn the oven on to broil.
- Cut the slices of bread into small cubes. In a bowl, toss with 2 teaspoons olive oil and salt (to taste).
- Spread out on a baking sheet with an edge. Once the oven is heated, broil for 2-3 minutes. Watch these closely as they will burn! You want them crunchy and browned.
- Turn oven to bake at 350.
- Spray muffin tin (12 muffins) with non-stick cooking spray.
- Layer the bottom of each muffin well with the croutons.
- Add the broccoli, spinach, and cheese to each muffin well.
- Combine eggs and Silk Almondmilk and mix well. Pour into each muffin well (about 2/3 of the way full).
- Bake 20 minutes or until cooked through. Serve immediately or let cool completely, then store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
I often substitute Silk Almondmilk for traditional milk, and as you can see with these dairy-free grab-and-go breakfast recipes, it’s very versatile. There are so many ways to integrate it into your daily diet – and it’s a fantastic alternative to regular milk if you’ve got dairy sensitivities or if you’re on the 21 Day Fix or following Weight Watchers. Don’t forget to grab your Ibotta coupon before you stock up!