I’m not a vegetarian. In theory, I want badly to be a vegetarian. But in reality? Bacon. The thing is, I’m a super picky eater when it comes to meat. And as I’m working on improving my health, I’m gravitating towards a plant-based diet most of the time. That doesn’t mean I’m not eating meat, but it means I’m looking for as many non-meat dishes as I can find. Bonus points if the kids will eat them, and quadruple bonus points if I can make them in the slow cooker. As I’ve been planning meals and looking for healthy (and easy) dinner options, I’ve stumbled across a ton of great non-meat crock pot options and was inspired to put together a post of 20 vegetarian crock pot recipes that looked really intriguing. I’ve got a little bit of everything here, from breakfast, to dinner, to side dishes.
20 Vegetarian Crock Pot Recipes
- Vegetable Chowder
- Slow Cooker Vegetarian Chili
- Black Bean Soup – This recipe is budget-friendly!
- Refried Beans – Ham is an optional ingredient in this recipe.
- Breakfast Casserole – This has bacon listed as an optional ingredient, with an idea for bacon substitute. Can I just say I LOVE the idea of a breakfast casserole cooking in the crock pot overnight? What a great thing to wake up to!
- Double Squash Casserole
- Corn Casserole
- Pumpkin Oatmeal – I’m a firm believer that pumpkin should be eaten year-round.
- Crock Pot Mac & Cheese – My kids loooooove crock pot mac & cheese, and for good reason. It tastes so much better than the boxed stuff.
- Crock Pot Cheesecake – Yes, you read that correctly. Cheesecake. In the crock pot.
- Mashed Potatoes – These look incredible.
- Crock Pot Artichokes – I loved artichokes when I was a kid. I haven’t had one in years – this would be an easy way to prepare some!
- Granola – Make your own trail mix or cereal with this recipe!
- Broccoli Cheddar Soup – This happens to be a personal favorite of mine when it comes to soup. I could eat it allll day long.
- Crock Pot Rolls
- Greek Crock Pot Stew
- Crock Pot French Toast – Yes, please.
- Baked Ziti
- Moroccan Stew
- Matar Paneer
Do you have a favorite vegetarian crock pot or slow cooker recipe?