One of my favorite things about learning to use essential oils is finding clever ways to work oils into my daily routines (and in many cases, even replace old products!). Lemon is my son’s favorite oil, and the one he is always asking to diffuse…and I can’t blame him. It smells amazing and just makes me feel happy!
We use lemon so often that we go through about a bottle a month (in fact, I might be diffusing some right this second). But lemon is more than just a cheerful scent. Here are 11 uses for Lemon Essential Oil.
1. Diffuse it! We love to diffuse lemon. Not only does it make the house smell cheery and bright (and clean…something about lemon just makes things seem cleaner!), but it can also help increase concentration.
2. Clean with it! Even before I used essential oils, I would often clean with lemon. It works (in fact, I found lemon to work better than store-bought cleaners on mildew in the shower). Use 2-3 drops of lemon essential oil in a spray bottle full of water to clean surfaces.
3. Drink it! You can add a few drops of lemon to your water or tea (a word of advice…always start with just a drop, taste it, and add from there).
4. Use a couple drops of lemon to get rid of glue, crayon, and gum from most surfaces.
5. Remove stains. Apply a drop or two directly to a stain.
6. Make popsicles! No, really…check out this fun popsicle recipe using lemon essential oil.
7. Make this fabulous Lemon Brown Sugar Scrub (perfect for yourself, a friend, or a teacher gift!).
8. Eat it. Try adding a few drops to your chicken marinade.
9. Fight allergies. Every night, I mix a drop each of lavender, lemon, and peppermint with a smidge of coconut oil and rub it all over Jack’s feet. He loves it, and the three oils when mixed together are supposed to work as an antihistamine.
10. Freshen up your Garbage Disposal using this simple recipe.
11. Bathe in it. Add some Epsom salts and a few drops of lemon to your bath for an energizing, detoxifying experience.
This month, I am giving away a bottle of Young Living Lemon Essential Oil. This giveaway is open to entrants 18+ living in the United States and Canada. Winner has 48 hours to claim their prize once notified. Good luck! You’re going to love this stuff!
Find me on Facebook for easy recipes, free printables, super simple kid-friendly crafts, and things to do in Dallas. I’d love to have you join me over there (and that way, you won’t miss my monthly oil giveaways and promos!).