Often, as I go about my daily business, I find myself writing my next blog post in my head. My thoughts are an endless stream of, “I should write this,” and “I should use that for an image,” and “I need to do this before I forget.” The only thing holding me back, I think, are the hours in the day (there just aren’t ever enough, are there?).
Blogging was made for people like me. Here’s why!
1. I get to be creative. I’m making something here, and I love that.
2. I get to write. I’ve been writing for fun as long as I can remember. To put it into practice on an almost daily basis is something I’ve been wanting to do my whole life. I’m finally doing just that.
3. I get to take pictures and make them pretty. My photography isn’t great, but it still tells a story. I love adding pretty text and applying effects to photos to make them pop.
4. I get to tell fun stories and share my thoughts.
5. The blogging community is fun and I’ve made great friends. Seriously…I’ve met some new people who are fun, kind, and will gladly talk PR disclosures all day long.
6. I’m doing something I’m passionate about. You guys – this is so, so important.
7. I’m learning something new. I love learning new things! Which is good, because, there’s a *lot* to learn.
8. I feel unlimited. There is no glass ceiling in blogging, and no one is limiting my potential. The sky is the limit!
9. My kids will always have it. Someday they can look back on this and see what we did when they were growing up (or hide their heads in shame, whatever!).
10. It’s easier to type than to write in a journal. I’m a memory recorder and a write-for-catharsis kind of person. I used to do this in my journal. Typing? Much more efficient. Although, I do kind of miss being able to write more than a couple of sentences without my hand starting to ache.
What is your favorite thing about blogging, or journal keeping, or scrapbooking?