I participated in an Ambassador Activation on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Banana Boat® Sun Care. I received product samples to facilitate my review and a promotional item to thank me for participating.
It is officially the most miserable part of summer in the great state of Texas. The end of July signals the beginning of the end of summer fun, but it only signifies the beginning of intense heat for the next several months. Fall? What fall? We won’t feel any crisp fall weather until Halloween around here!
That means we have a few more months of staying cool and keeping our skin safe from sunburns (I’ve done pretty good this year – I’m the only one who’s had a burn, and it was pretty mild). Between the pool, soccer practice, visiting my horse, and jogging (yes, I’m jogging - again), we’re outside a lot. We probably use sunscreen every single day during the summer, and it’s important to us that it is easy to apply and stays on through all of our activities.
Here are a few sun safety tips that we follow when applying sunscreen and getting ready for a day (or even an hour) in the great outdoors.
- If you’re using a sunscreen lotion, apply a golf ball-sized amount to your entire body 15 minutes before going out into the sun. If you’re using a spray, apply liberally and use your hands to rub it in.
- Reapply sunscreen every two hours, or immediately after swimming or sweating.
- Use sunscreen with the correct SPF. Not sure what you need? Check out this guide to make sure you’re using a high enough SPF to stay safe.
- Don’t forget the tops of your ears and feet! I’ve also been known to spray sunscreen on my daugher’s head – her hair is very fine and light, and when it’s in pigtails, I’ll spray the little line of scalp I can see.
- Want to know if your clothes are blocking out the sun? Hold it up to the light – if the light shines through, the sun can shine through! Opt for fabrics that block the sun.
- Wear sunscreen every day. EVERY day. I never leave the house without sunscreen on my face, and if I’m going to be outdoors for long, you can bet I have it everywhere else, too.
I’m new to spray sunscreens, but after two months of using Banana Boat® Sport Performance® Clear UltraMist® Sunscreen with Powerstay TechnologyTM, I would say I’ve been converted. It’s just so…easy! Designed to go on easily and have a lightweight feel, it is available in SPF 15, 30, 50+ and 100 and was specifically created for the outdoorsy types who need sunscreen that will stay put and do its job.
And because it’s still summer, you will have a chance to enter the Banana Boat® Best Summer Ever sweepstakes for a chance to win all kinds of fun prizes, including the grand prize of a family vacation to a Treehouse Resort (how fun would that be?). Banana Boat® has teamed up with actress and mother Busy Philipps to bring you fun tips, tools. and prizes to make sure you have the Best Summer Ever. Be sure to follow Banana Boat® on Facebook to keep up with all the fun!
Summer may be winding to a close, but the fun isn’t slowing down any around here. We’re prepared to squeeze every last drop of summer fun we can out of these last few weeks.
What about you? How’s your summer going, and what do you do to keep everyone safe from the summer sun?